So this is a quick update on my challenges, most of the reading is in progress, and reviews for the ones completed will be up tomorrow. I will also put up suggestions for my reading challenges on Monday. Go ahead and sign up for the ones I am hosting, if you have not already. Check them out – #7 and 8 in the list below.
- Short Story Reading Challenge – Deal Me In 2018– Week One, using the random card generator, I got the 4 of Spades – which was the short story ‘The View from the Bridge’ by Cherokee Paul Donald. This was in a book I picked up at the library on a whim – ‘The Norton Sampler: Short Essays for Composition’ by Thomas Cooley.
- What’s in a Name 2018– The first book I have picked to read will overlap with the Old School Kidlit challenge as well – ‘The Wind in the Willows’. Not yet started reading this one (or rereading since I read it when I was, well, years ago, I can’t recall)
- Old School Kidlit Reading Challenge – The first book I have picked to read, which will go with my Reading by the Month Challenge is ‘Twenty One Balloons’. I had this book in my own bookshelf forever now (picked at a library book sale) and finally will start on reading it.
- 2018 NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge – The first reviews for this – coming up with my Magic Monday blog post next week.
- Strategic Reading Challenge. – The books I have lined up for this are in my google doc already. One overlaps with my Continental Reading Challenge. However, the first one I am reading is ‘The Book of Think (or How to Solve a Problem Twice Your Size)’
- Book Blog Discussion Challenge – depending on the other books I finish, I will put up my post for this challenge.
- Continental Reading Challenge – see #5
- Reading by the Month Reading Challenge – see #2