Thank you to AJ from One Part Joy – One Part Circus for nominating me for the Liebster award!
My very first bloggy award!
- I love talking. One quote from the book ‘Cutting for Stone’ by Abraham Verghese reminded me of
myself. Here it is: “Rosina took silence as a personal offense, and spoke into empty rooms and chattered into cupboards.”
- I dance when I wash the dishes, fold the clothes (I am sure you wonder if I get the chores done but it does make it fun).
- I bump into things, a lot – my kids love hearing the story of when I bumped headlong into a lamp post as I walked reading a book – so no reading while walking now:) but I still continue to bump into things – things big and small
- As a kid, when my parents asked me what I wanted, my answer was always books.
- I like to read several books at a time (sometimes around 10 at a time!). Both 4 and 5 go to show how much I love reading: one of my favorite quotes:
do this, she was sure to pick one up and plunge in, and then it was no use to call her, or tug at her dress, for she neither saw nor heard anything more, till it was time to go home.” ― Susan Coolidge, What Katy Did – this quote is perfect for me, as my parents said exactly something similar of me to friends and relatives and actually would ask them to hide the books if they wanted me to talk and play
- I am comfortable with mess. If I was not married to someone who needs order, my house would have been a wonderful place for mess-lovers all around.
- I love blogging, and am enjoying pinteresting (though am not much of a social-media junkie otherwise – my FB page is there, yes, but that is it!)
- I love online window shopping (though I never really did a lot of or enjoyed regular window shopping as much)
- I recently started getting hooked onto Teen TV shows and the ‘Related’ shows feature in Netflix is proving to be a bane rather than a boon because of this – once I finish watching one show (all the episodes on Netflix for that show), I get on to the next one. It was with difficulty that I broke away from this habit a little earlier this year after a couple of months of back-to-back shows.
- Many of my dreams still have their setting in the place where I spent my childhood years in (the first 18 years of my life). I might dream about people whom I only met recently or about aliens but the setting/locale ends up being my childhood hometown (about 70% of the times).
- Talking about areas I lived in, I have lived in five towns/cities throughout my life (but three areas) – first, my childhood hometown in central Karnataka, India; second, Bangalore, the Silicon Valley/Garden City of India, where I stayed through my college years and till I got married; third, in the San Francisco Bay Area since then (I have moved twice in the Bay Area and lived in three cities here so far but all within a radius of 5 miles).
3. Coffee or Tea?
4. Why do you love blogging?
5. What would your dream job be?
7. If money (and spousal opinions) was no object, how many children would you have/adopt?
few times when they are darling devils..
8. If you had to live somewhere other than where you live, where would you move to??
10. Would you go to prison for something you believe in?
the GFC numbers in most cases and here they are, my Liebster nominees:
- Heather at http://readingwritingeverything-heather.blogspot.com/
- Larissa at http://papaisapreacher.blogspot.com/
- Jen from http://www.definingmyhappy.com/
- Christopher from http://northernwall.blogspot.com/
- Nancy at http://booksnwhatnot.blogspot.com/
- Mai from http://secondbookshelf.blogspot.com/
- Robyn at http://laughwithme45.blogspot.com/
- Falaise at http://2606books.blogspot.com/
Rules For the Nominees (I’m keeping it simple with 5 rather than 11) (Thanks to another fellow-nominee – Karina from Mom in the USA for this set of rules)
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
Tell 5 things about yourself
Answer 5 questions posed by the nominating blogger
Nominate 5 new up and coming bloggers
Ask those bloggers 5 questions that they will answer
And one other note: You are definitely not obligated to continue the chain.
- If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What advice would you give your younger self if you could go back in time ten years?
- What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
- Night owl or early bird?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- Your favorite way to relax?
- eBook or the printed book?
- What four words would you
use to describe yourself?
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- Do you make resolutions? If yes, what is your top resolution for 2013?
And a Merry Christmas to all