to the Classics Challenge at Sarah Reads Too Much – I am already doing the Classics Challenge
and hope I can get some overlap with this along with my other
challenges. Here, again, there are no levels but need to complete one
book from each of the following categories.
As of Dec 28th 2012
- Any 19th Century Classic: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen first published in 1813 – completed reading – yet to review
- Any 20th Century Classic- The First Men in the Moon by H.G.Wells first published in 1901 🙂 completed.
- Reread a classic of your choice: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
- A Classic Play: Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw – completed
- Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction: Sherlock Holmes
- Classic Romance – The Fox by D.H.Lawrence – reading – almost done
- Read a Classic that has been translated from its
original language to your language – To clarify, if your native language is NOT
English, you may read any classic originally written in English that has
been translated into your native language.
- I am choosing – The Little Prince
- Classic Award Winner –
To clarify, the book should be a classic which has won any established
literary award. – Thimble Summer – completed
- Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically
speaking) will not visit during your lifetime – To Clarify, this does not have to be a country
that you hope to visit either. Countries that no longer
exist or have never existed count. – What Katy Did