I just could not help myself, once I got started, I had to put another one out there. Continental Reading Challenge 2018. I hope you join me as I traverse across the continents… Another reading challenge I am hosting is the Reading by the Month challenge – check it out too !
Level One: One book for each continent
Level Two: Two for each continent (or 14 in all but ensure they are spread across at least 5 continents with level one having been met)
Here are the rules:
- The book can satisfy the condition for the continent if a) the author belongs to that continent; b) the book is set in that continent or c) you could also pick a book that is either set there for at least a major part of the book or has something that is unique to that continent- eg: penguins for Antarctica (Mr.Popper’s Penguins is one such example)…
- There is no start and/or end date for when to join the challenge (latest date to enter a link is Dec 31th, 2018)
- A book counts if you’ve read it in 2018, no matter when you join the challenge
- If there are multiple settings in the book across continents, pick one continent to check off – ie a book counts for only one place
- You can mark off on a map to make it more interesting as you travel across the world through your books
- You can pick fiction or non-fiction. Books can be for kids, or for adults (so kids books, middle-grade, YA, and more).
- Use a google map to pin the locations based on the books read – create your own book map. Mine was started a couple of years ago but sorely needs updates – link for my book map is here
- And a bonus for reading one more book out of this world – maybe set in outer space or a fantasy land!!
Enter by signing up in below linky. For this challenge, I plan to put up a linky for completion at the end of every four months. Subscribe to receive updates on the challenge. Use #ContinentalRead hashtag.
Towards day two of my UBC..
18 thoughts on “Continental Reading Challenge 2018”
I guess you plan on doing a lot of reading this year.
This is very cool idea. I think I’ll have to join you. Of course, I’ll have to add places that only exist in books to the list too. 🙂
sure 🙂 glad to have you join me.. and yes, i did put that as a bonus in the rules – places outside of these continents..
This is an idea I never would have thought of. I think it would be special fun for a child who loves to read.. just think of the adventure!
Sounds interesting. I wish you the best of luck with your challenges.
This sounds interesting. I am trying to up my game with more reading but l’m not ready yet 😀. Finanlly replaced my Kindle so getting there. Happy reading
Sounds interesting! I love romance novels and I suppose in that sense, I have been on other continents. 😉
Now, this is one I can follow. Not only by continent, but with one language for each of the continents (since I get to pick which one- and Antarctica employs English!)
🙂 That is cool, and made more challenging as well…
This is such a great idea. I’m determined to do more reading this year!
Interesting but I’d have to take time off from work to do all this reading! But on a serious note, I really need to get back to reading more.
This is a really awesome idea. I plan to read at least 10 books this year, last year I reached 6 and now to take it to another level!
Ashvin, thank you! Join this challenge or the other one on my blog to help take it to another level 🙂 I will also post suggestions for books shortly
I’m loving this travel & reading challenge! Definitely hope to be a part of this, this year! Hoping for a year full of reading & seeing the world. ♥ Happy New Year!
thank you Emily.. will be glad to have you along with me on this journey..
This is such a cool idea! Definitely never thought of this, but how awesome!!
This is such a fun reading challenge! I’ll have to think of a few that meet the criteria. 🙂
thank you Sarah; looking forward to having you join.. i will post a few suggestions as well in a couple of days for these challenges