This week brought with it conditions (though rain will be even more welcome) and additional forces that helped the firefighters contain the blazes to a larger extent (from 0% to almost 50% for at least one fire) in the Bay Area. So we are sighing in relief a little more freely, literally, with somewhat clearer skies that are not always looking like sunshine and moonlight filtered through smoke-screens.
Thank you to all those firefighters once again!!
My Most Recent Posts and Updates
Well, none this last week except for scribbling last Sunday 🙁 and you will notice I don’t have a Poetic Sundays section as well today. I just never got around to it and promise to be back with it soon.
I have done some reading and hoped to have reviews up this past week but somehow this week got away from me. I will put up reviews over the next few weeks for sure.
My bookstagram attempts
None this week 🙁
View this post on Instagram
From the archives for the #current_raw_challenge.. #raw_community #raw_cuteness_bnw #kidsinbnw #bnw_kids #themagicofchildhood #simplychildren #adventuresofchildren #theeverydayportrait #momswithcameras @raw_community @raw_cuteness #ladyinreadwrites #treasuredmemories #howtimeflies
On My Blog and Home-front
So I do have something to look forward to – a month long challenge in September to get ready for the next month long challenge in October!! And while I do not have even a single post (and even an idea) ready for either challenge, I know I will have fun trying to keep up; and maybe playing catch up.
If you are looking for something to challenge yourself to keep writing, then this might be just the thing. Or if you want to join for fun, then that is ample enough reason too!! For one thing, the hosts of The Cornerstone Content Blog Challenge (for September 2020) are simply wonderful!!! Martha and Jeanine are among the best hosts you can expect to have for such a challenge. So feel free to join us by joining this Facebook group if you want.
More gardening. College applications. And well, the rest is routine this week with the kids back in school (virtually of course).
This Week’s Celebrations
A new month is starting this week; and with it more celebrations. Here are some of the fun ones I know I will enjoy celebrating.
First up, a few of the month long celebrations that I found relevant:
- The first one celebrates that humble grain which is a staple for us – rice. September is National Rice Month
- Next up is National Piano Month; and with my teenager learning, practicing, and enjoying the piano for a while now, it definitely will be celebrated in some form or the other.
Now for those other individual day celebrations this week:
- It is World Letter Writing Day on September 1st!! So, go ahead and pick up paper and that forgotten pen; write a letter to someone and bring a smile on their faces!!
- And while you are at it (writing a letter), add a silly poem in it by making up rhyming words for those that have none for it is National No Rhyme Nor Reason Day as well on the 1st of September. Absolutely no reason for such days, yes, but absolutely none why we shouldn’t celebrate them either, right??!
- I know I want to spend some time out in the wild; been a while since we were able to do that. Though the kiddos managed it over the last month with brief socially distanced camping trips! But they did not spot any wildlife during their brief sojourn into the wild. Anyhoo, I want to be where the wild things are… It is National Wildlife Day on the 4th of September (one celebration that should be everyday for sure)
- Oh!! Here is one that will be a favorite for moms everywhere; and why can’t they make it monthly rather than annual, right? Well, who am I kidding? I doubt this will happen but anyways, it is “supposedly” National Lazy Mom’s Day on the first Friday of September.
- And there is always National Be Late for Something Day on September 5th that gives you a perfect reason in case you are late somewhere that day. You can say you celebrating!!
- Another celebration that should be just be a part of our life is International Day of Charity of September 5th.
- I haven’t forgotten the foodies!! It is National Blueberry Popsicle Day on the 2nd of September; National Macadamia Nut Day on the 4th of September (and I do love these!); and I am guessing, a favorite for many (though I can eat no more than a slice at a time) – it is National Cheese Pizza Day on the 5th of September!! And then there is National Coffee Ice Cream Day on the 6th of September.
- Last but not the least, and for me, a daily celebration, it is also National Read A Book Day on September 6th
Wrapping up my Sunday Scribblings
So dear reader, this was it for my Sunday Scribblings. I would love to hear your comments on my post(s), poems, poetic Sunday section, and anything else. And which of these days do you plan to celebrate (or any other)?