Okay, I have not been blogging regularly of late. I keep trying to sit down and write a few posts all at once so I can schedule them but never get around to that, of course. Then I set up a schedule so I can work on posts each day for some time but that has been backfiring on me. So until I resolve this issue and get a surefire way of blogging more regularly, I guess I have to settle for irregular posts.. 🙂
As I asked readers in my last but one post (and thanks to the readers who posted their tips), I am asking again – what has worked better for you – write many posts when you can and schedule them or set aside time each day for writing posts? Do let me know..
So, in today’s attempt to write a post, I decided to take one easy way out and write a top-ten list with the current theme out at one of my favorite places in the WWW – The Broke and the Bookish – this week’s theme – top ten sites I visit/read that are not about books. Here is my list:
1. Facebook – I joined FB mainly for one reason – my friends are all on FB and that is the only place they will respond to my messages – so I ended up having an account. Now I do go to FB everyday and spend a few minutes checking for updates from my friends and family. My updates are rare and mainly in forms of messages instead of wall posts.. but I do spend a lot of time here..
2. Pinterest – my fascination with Pinterest – more here.
3. Amazon – Not sure if this qualifies to be here but since I do have Facebook/Pinterest, decided to add this here also. Though I do spend a lot of time in the books section of amazon, I spend an equally long time in other departments browsing and looking..
4. Brain Pickings – I love this place – as the name says, get precious pickings for my brain each time. Love the variety of posts and love the uniqueness, the information, and just about everything here.
6. TED – love TED Talks and have found so many interesting things here – from the most serious, intellectual talks to a talk on teaching how to tie your shoe laces the right way!!
7. http://www.myrecipes.com/ and foodnetwork.com – Food, food, food, glorious food!!
8. My world of memes – my favorite meme blogs – I have grouped them here together
9. Some of my favorite blogs from other memers (is that a word?)
and many more here which will make this list super long.
10. google/bing/yahoo – my search engines!!