If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area(more specifically in the South Bay) and have not yet explored the winter wonders here and you need staycation Christmasy ideas, here they are!
- Winter Wonderland – Entertainment, food and iconic landmarks from around the world – all in one place – you can experience the world here. And beautiful splendiferous(like Tigger would say) Chinese lanterns everywhere depicting everything from the Mayan pyramids(pictured here) to the Taj Mahal.A must-see and reasonable ticket prices – $30 for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) – or you can check out Groupon to see if they have an offer on. Else you can check out the VTA free offer at http://www.vta.org/promo/winterwonderland.html
- Christmas in the Park – The San Jose tradition for the past 32 years, this offers beautiful animated exhibits, one giant 60-foot tree, trees decorated by school children around the Bay Area, live entertainment and more. And best of all, these are all free. In addition, there is also a skating rink, rides, food which you can enjoy as well for a nominal price. Fun for the family, fun for all ages.Tip: you can park in one of the parallel roads (one option is near the local YWCA) for free and walk down to the fun.
- Fantasy of Lights at Vasona Park – A tad expensive for what is offered but fun nevertheless, and can be experienced once for sure.
- For more ideas go to: http://lightsofthevalley.com/
- And this site offers a listing of Christmas light displays around the US: http://www.lightpatch.com/christmaslights/
NOTE: Linking this Travel Thursday post to Alphabe Thursday
Over at Alphabe Thursday, this week is a Holiday Link-link anything related to these holiday weeks…recipes, decorations, stories, poems, pictures (and my post today above about Travel Thursday is to do with the Holidays)
Theme Thursday over at Theme-Thursday – the theme is ‘GIFT’
One of the best gifts I received recently – a comment made by the teacher at my kids’ after-school care – “Your children are so wonderful – a treasure to have, it is such a pleasure to work with them and they are always so helpful to all their friends – ready to assist their teachers and their classmates in whatever they need.”
Theme Thursdays: ‘Clothes’ is the theme this time over at ‘Reading Between the Pages’ who hosts this weekly meme. The rules are:
* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
* It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
For Theme Thursdays and one more for Theme Thursday(GIFT)
“At the wedding, Mrs. Gupta had graciously presented the blushing bride-dentist with a beautiful, heavily embroidered purple silk sari. “
Pg 18 – ‘The Sari Shop’ by Rupa Bajwa