Top Ten Tuesdays: This is my TBR list and includes some I need to read for challenges I signed up for in 2012..
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Twentieth Wife by Indu Sundaresan
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- Miss Peregrine’s school for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- The Hunger Games (the series – I know!) by Suzanne Collins
- Everything on It by Shel Silverstein
- Dracula by Bram Stroker
- A House for Mr.Biswas by V.S.Naipaul
- Pride and Prejudice (this is on my TBR list since forever – literally) by Jane Austen
MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
*Grab your current read.*Open to a random page.
*Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.
This is from ‘The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate’ by Jacqueline Kelly.
“The corpse lay in state for another five minutes and then, without warning or ceremony, lurched to his feet and casually strolled off in search of his own meal.
This scene played night after night, all summer long. Neither I nor the adversaries ever fatigued of it. How satisfying to have a bloodless war in which each side was equally convinced of its own triumph.”