Happy New Year!!! 2021 has begun….and while I am not sure I should have done this, I did it anyway – make resolutions, that is!! Well, I made resolutions last year; and while I did not really look back at the list too often later, I did attempt to keep many of them almost unconsciously. Where I failed was writing in my journal, working on the 20 items from my 52 weeks, 52 items list, as well as with my learning goals (though I learned new words without meaning to with all the reading, and did do two courses at the beginning of the year at a local college).
With all that 2020 was, I decided to re-use my list from last year but with focus on some of those, and keeping in mind this quote I loved:
“Work on your strengths, not your weaknesses. How many of your New Year’s resolutions have been about fixing a flaw?” — Jonathan Haidt
- Writing/Blogging Goals: focus on my 2-line journal every day; blog posts per a schedule (finalizing this weekend); working on improving my blog; and that pipe-dream I want to start on
- Health Goals: focus on exercise (walking and Zumba work best for me)
- Reading Goals: My reading challenges, as well as my TBR, will hopefully take care of my reading goals. I will have a signup post for my reading challenges tomorrow.
- Learning Goals: A new word a day; a new skill – I have an idea for this but… ; and hone my drawing skills
- Other Goals: focus on completing 21 items from the 52 weeks, 52 list (will pick those items over this weekend)
I plan to make myself accountable by sharing some of those specifics here and others with friends/family.
What about you? Are you making resolutions or working towards goals? Do let me know..
And I leave you with this poem I found, and loved…