When everyday of my life is bookish, in one way or the other, having a bookish summer is not hard at all! While I had doubts (and still do) about how much I can blog this month of July, I am starting this bookish blogging J(uly)ourney today with the hope that I will do the best I can.
Reading and writing are pretty important to me, and blogging about books played right into that. But of late, I have not been blogging as much as I would, could, or should. This bookish summer is an attempt to change that. Given that there are plans in the making where we will be away, I have to work around that 🙂
So what will my bookish summer blog series include?
This is a potential list:
- Book Reviews – duh, of course! I have a whole bunch of ARCs that are (over)due for reviews as well as other reads that I enjoyed which I know I want to share with all of you.
- Lists – There are so many lists we can make – favorites and the not-favorites, lists that range from the silly ( ..) to the not-so-silly ( ), and more. For example, here is a ‘Reading Lolita in Tehran’ book list to compare for yourself here.
- Hows, whys, whats, wheres, whens of reading and books – Everyone has their reasons for reading; as well as favorite nooks to read in and favorite bookstores/libraries they get their books from. As readers, we all have our whims, fancies, and oddities; and we have (hopefully) learned some things along the way to be better readers. I will try to share some of these across a few posts this summer (and later)
- Simply Wordless Days. While I am not sure I can be wordless, there will be days where I will post bookish snaps with minimal(?) words!
- And other types of posts as well; character analysis, books and life, books to movies, any other that you would like to see….
So here is to a bookish summer… I leave you with the books I am hoping to read/am reading right now; some of them with my kids.
And yes, before I forget; last, but not the least; as I end my post, et al..
Hello to all my UBC friends and looking forward to another challenge with all of you 🙂