Yay!! I did it… I completed the Blogging from A to Z Challenge and the Ultimate Blog Challenge – April 2018.
While I will be doing a Reflections post for the A to Z challenge in a week’s time, this post is a mini-reflections and a look-forward post.
These challenges mean a few things to me and while there will be more in the Reflections post a week from now, this is an overview:
- the obvious – blogging or attempting to post everyday
- the other perks –
- interacting with a wonderful community of bloggers in both these challenges (many doing both of them like me)
- connecting with blogger friends from earlier and making new friends in the blogger world
- and just being part of it all
- Congratulations to all for having completed the challenges and a Big Thank You as well to all the AtoZers and UBCers for your support always!
As I get away from the blogging challenges I completed in April, I plan to focus on other aspects of my blog this month. While I will continue to feature books and short stories as part of my weekly posts for ABC Wednesday and for other reading challenges I am participating in, I am going to start posting about all those other headings on my blog that have been neglected for a while now.
Some blogs from across these challenges I want to mention are below (though I might not have visited often and commented even lesser this month on your posts, I love your blogs, always):
- Martha always inspires me with her energy and she blogs about a little bit of everything at her blog – The Martha Review.
- Jeanne blogs about the practice of hygge currently on her blog and focuses on finding peace, happiness, and warmer connections with family and friends through her blog.
- Alice always has wonderful stories to tell – from her life and from all around her, and features inspirations every once in a while in the form of everyday heroes and more at her blog – Alice’s Grand Adventures – and they are grand indeed.
- And I cannot miss Roy – his posts teach me so much and if I have not thanked him in my comments on his posts, here is another big thank you to Roy for all that I learn from his blog – Cerebrations.
- Seema’s blog is a newly discovered one and such a delightful find for me. Her totally beautiful artwork enhance her wonderful posts about travel and more each time. Check her blog out at the Lonely Canopy.
- Linda Ann Nickerson blogs poetry over at her blog Nickers and Ink, and never fails to astound me (and make me smile) with her posts.
- Su-sieee! Mac and her stories and art are alive – with color, humor, and her passion and her insights – you can check her posts at The View from the Top of the Ladder.
- Meg Jerrard is a travel blogger extraordinaire! and you can read about her travel-adventures at Mapping Megan.
- Susan Velez breaks down the basics of blogging and related social media for you; her step-by-step tutorials will make it easy for newbies (and oldies) to tackle the world of blogging, as she says herself – ‘I Make Blogging Easier‘
- If you are a fan of Legos, and even if you are not, this blog will make you one easily – as I said in my recent comment on his post, a true Lego super hero – creative to the core and a touch of humor in his posts each day – check out True North Bricks.
- And last but not the least, Shalini at Shalzmojo is likely a (more talented)kindred spirit!
40 thoughts on “Challenges Completed! What is Next, I Wonder?”
Congrats Vidya on a challenge (or should I say 2 challenges) well done! It’s been a fun month but then again, when there’s a challenge it’s always fun! Thanks for the shoutout and all the comments and shares you have given my blog. I’m happy my energy inspired you, as your books have inspired me! Looking forward to hopefully write 2-3 blogs a week, until July when we meet again for another UBC!! Hugs to you!!
thank you Martha! and my goal is pretty much the same too – 2-3 posts a week until the next UBC comes around
First of all, I’d love to say, thanks so much for the mention in your post. I truly appreciate it. You’re right, the Facebook Groups are a great place to interact and meet new people.
That’s actually one of the reasons I love them so much. Congrats on completing the challenges. I have no doubt that you’ll reach your blogging goals.
Have a great day 🙂
Susan, Thank you and though I might not have said it enough on your blog, your posts have helped and inspired me..
Thankyou for the lovely mention Vidya! Congratulations on completing the April challenge – I totally agree that interacting with a wonderful community of bloggers is the biggest perk of being active!
thank you Megan.. i totally enjoy your blog and it inspires me to write up my travel posts as well…
Glad to have met you, as well, Ms. VT.
(I admit the first time I saw your moniker, I considered it to be a State-ment, not your initials.)
Thank you Roy!!
The ‘State-ment’ comment -that makes me curious – what was the State-ment that you considered it to be? 🙂
Congrats for completing the challenge!
Do let me know when you are visiting Odisha 🙂
thank you Anita for your comment and yes, I will keep it in mind and let you know when we plan a trip to Odisha
Congrats for completing the challenge! I can’t believe it’s already May.
🙂 yes, and a week done already as I am posting my reply to your comment
Congrats on completing the challenge. It requires lot of dedication and is not an easy job. I haven’t been able to muster up courage for this yet.
thank you Indrani, and now hoping I can do more with my blog … fingers crossed for that..
Wow, congratulations on doing that. I am happy with myself when i write twice a week.
🙂 Mike, well here I am – a week after the fact without a post to talk about.. so I need to find myself a challenge again
Glad that you’ve shared with us a few names. I will try to check them out one by one. I love to discover new blogs and read new stories.
🙂 yes, please do and i am sure you will enjoy them as I do
Congratulations on completing the challenge! I would love to challenge like this to get motivation to post more!
thank you Ally.. i do find I post more with the motivation of challenges like these and hoping to get into that mode automatically soon
Wow! Congratulations on successfully completing both the challenges! These successes are great motivators for moving ahead. Wish you all the best in your blogging career. 🙂
thank you Shaily, I am hoping to do more with my blog,and as you mention, make it my career hopefully 🙂
Congrats on completing the challenge! I’ve heard of the A to Z challenge but have never tried it.
it is definitely fun and you should try it out the next time (or just do it for yourselves too)
That is such an accomplishment! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts during this series!
thank you Brittany…
What a great accomplishment. Congratulations on completing the challenge!
thank you Kate…
Hurrah, hurrah! Congratulations, Vidya! Thank you for mentioning my blog. I’m blushing with joy, I am. 🙂 Onward we go.
yes, onward indeed.. thank you Susiee
That’s really an accomplishment, completing the challenge. I know I have a difficult time keeping up with daily routines, so kudos to you, and keep it up 😉
thank you Cori, i totally enjoy your blog and looking forward to more sweet recipes there
You go girl! Completing things like this always makes me feel accomplished.
thank you Ada (and will stop by your blog soon)
Congrats for participating in this challenge and also completing it. I would love to try this.
thank you Cynthia.. it is a fun challenge
Congratulations! Now, you make me want to challenge myself 🙂
🙂 i need to challenge myself again now to get back to posting more often
Congratulations on completing your challenge! I don’t think I have ever successfully achieved my goals with any set challenge!
thank you Laura.. I totally enjoy reading your posts..