So here in the west coast of the US of A, it is still the 8th and I have sometime left for the day to spillover into the next one. I thought about writing this reflections post for the past week but just could not get to it at all. So now, here is my attempt at the reflections post.
Thank you to all of you A to Zers who visited me regularly and encouraged me, with your kind comments, to keep going with the challenge; and for being part of a wonderful community.
Thank you to the organizers as well to keep it going for so many years now (though it is my first year here, definitely know this is a commitment) and looking forward to many more in the future (I am already coming up with ideas for themes for future AtoZs).
What do I feel about the challenge:
This was my first year participating in the AtoZChallenge, and I was also participating in another one alongside this. I have to say I enjoyed it – enjoyed the challenge of coming up with the theme (at the very last minute of April 1st which was when I discovered and joined the challenge), and then with posts for each letter and somehow ensuring it mapped to my theme! And the best part of the challenge that I enjoyed – the discoveries – of wonderful new blogs (and so many yet waiting to be discovered).
What I have learned:
- I can do it!!! I discovered that participating in challenges kept me going and ensured I posted every single day, no matter what..
- Plan ahead, schedule my posts (did not do this but for the future) so I can spend my time discovering great new blogs and reading wonderful posts and commenting
What I plan to do next:
- Write another post, post-reflections post –
- Complete the AtoZ Bingo card (better late than never!) — i might have filled a few of the squares already but since I discovered this part of the challenge very much towards the end, I plan to go back in the next few days filling this card up 🙂
- List out favorite blogs and posts discovered
- Have a few themes planned and ready; and posts planned too (maybe)
- Visit blogs discovered in the challenge regularly going forward
And for May, I decided to keep going by starting another challenge for myself – #31DayChallenge – and I am at day 6 now (a little delayed) – The Day 6 Challenge asks you to answer the question – Why do you blog?
As I mention in my ‘About the Blog’ post