So years ago, I used to participate, on-and-off, in Friday Flash Fiction 55 over at G-Man’s website (he sadly passed away in 2014). However, he had already passed FF55 on to others who continued the tradition for a bit at Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads (don’t you love this name?). But that website stopped publishing new posts in 2015. While I was only an occasional FF55 contributor, I hope to write some flash fiction here at least once a month (last Friday of each month) and invite you to join in, if you wish; you can add your link to the comments, or simply add your flash fiction as the comment.
I did find various other sites that write/wrote about 55 Flash Fiction or Flash Fiction 55 all over the internet.
So what is Flash Fiction 55?
The challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to write a story in exactly 55 words. It can be in any form, prose or poetry, but it should be a complete story in exactly 55 words (not counting the title).
It can be a daunting task but is sure a fun challenge. So feel free to join in through the comments today (I am trying to figure out a linky)
For example, one of my previous entries when playing along with many others via the original Friday 55 was a poem celebrating my daughter being an year older – here.
My First Friday Flash Fiction 55 (well, on my site)
The Last Step
She had had enough: of whispered questions & outright comments, of hiding behind walls and being invisible! Now she wanted to end it all. She walked to the edge of the cliffs, and jumped! It was wonderful! Whoever said, “Leap, your wings will appear” was right!
Smiling, she posed for the GoPro attached to her parachute.
~ Vidya Tiru @LadyInReadWrites
Another Fond Flashback
So in October 2011 (the twin calendar year for 2022), I wrote a short post for the 28th, a Friday again (well, I mentioned it was a twin year!). It was all about my Whats for Halloween. So repoing that once again, to see if anything has changed too:
Whats For Halloween-
The first one is from my 2011 selection while the second one (after the –>) is what “I think” is for now
- What movie(s) do I want to watch -‘The Exorcist’ — > ‘The Haunting of Hill House (2018)’ (Need to read the book as well)
- What book(s) do I want to read – anything by Edgar Allen Poe –> ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ (and many others too)
- What character would I be – Esmerelda from Hunchback of Notre Dame (love the costume! and also love Esmerelda’s portrayal in the Disney movie) –> No idea, really, but my daughter suggested a character from ??
- What would I like to eat – AlmondJoy!! –> still AlmondJoy!!
- What would be my favorite haunt(well, place to visit!) – New Orleans.. –> a couple I can actually visit soon –> maybe from my list here that I am yet to visit
And Now, the End of This Post
Dear reader, feel free to join in for friday 55 and/or add your whats for Halloween in the comments. As always, I welcome your thoughts on this post.
1 thought on “The Fascinating Friday Flash Fiction 55: An Attempt to Revive”
I enjoyed your flash 55 fiction. I thought it was sad until that last line!