Over at That Artsy Reader Girl, today’s Top Ten Theme is a love freebie. So, here are ten bookish gifts for the book lovers in your life, or well, buy it for yourself, or hint, hint – show it to the loved ones in your life as potential gift ideas (make it easier for them!)
1. Opening Lines Of Notable novels Canvas Wall Art (Diagramed) – Won’t this look just loverly on the wall?
4. Reading Journal, for Book Lovers – I have to get this as I am starting to work on taking notes for books I am reading more often now (well, I have a journal already but one more journal can always be used, especially one that looks like this :))
7. Demeter Cologne Spray, Paperback – that wonderful scent of books.. with you, everywhere, perfect for a gift
And for the next three, cheating here, as there are many mugs, playing card sets, and games I have bought, gifted, and have on my wishlist, so including a few of them grouped together for #s 8, 9, and 10
8. Coffee Mugs – Literary mugs have been gifted to a few book lovers I know personally (and teachers too) along with some hot chocolate and books a few times and they loved it. (And there are so many more literary mugs that are totally irresistible!). You have the First Lines Literature Coffee Mug with the Greatest Opening Lines Of Literature on it, the Dr. Seuss Oh the Places 18 Oz. Oval Ceramic Mug, or the Banned Book Coffee Mug
If not those, then the I’m a Book Dragon mug from The Coffee Corner for you, or maybe the universally known Jane Austen with her very own Coffee Mug , and if you are wondering, to pick or not to pick any one of these, then maybe the bard for you instead with the The Bawdy Bard Shakespearean Dirty Quotes Mug – where you can Experience Shakespeare At His Bawdiest
9. Playing Card Sets – I have been meaning to get a playing card set to use for my Deal Me In challenge, and I found these, so hopefully will start using them for the upcoming weeks (not sure which one I should pick though – any suggestions ??) –
Jane Austen Playing Cards or the Alice In Wonderland Playing Cards
And for #10, games – I love bookish/word-based games and I have quite a few already (including a couple of them below). And some of them have been on my wish list for a while now, so maybe soon..
The Storymatic Classic – 540 Unique Cards – Tell Stories, Play Games, Make Art, and More – Includes Booklet with Prompts, Games, and Activities
Bring Your Own Book – this game sounds so perfect – The product description says ‘Your old favorite book is now your new favorite game! Draw a category card, grab a book, and then quickly skim to satisfy the chosen prompt (and the judge!) with the most entertaining phrase. Can you find “a ridiculous tabloid headline” in that best-selling novel? How about “dating advice” in your well-worn cookbook? Since you can use any book, you can play with any group and find limitless potential on every page! Where will you discover “the title of the next hit party game?” Find out when you Bring Your Own Book!.’
Rory’s Story Cubes – Complete Set – this one has made it on my blog many a time.