Today is just Meme day. I have a lot of books I am reading currently (all in parallel) and plan to review as I am done with them (hopefully by the end of the year will finish everything on my current list). So, for today, I am just doing my Wednesday memes!
Part 1: Wordish
Kathy over at Bermudaonion’s Weblog hosts Wondrous Words Wednesday.
If you come across a word (or two) while reading that is new to
you and would like to share your new knowledge, then hop over to
Kathy’s place and link up!
- skul·dug·ger·y (also skull·dug·ger·y) n. underhanded or unscrupulous behavior; trickery: a firm that investigates commercial skulduggery. mid 19th cent.: alteration of Scots sculduddery, of unknown origin.
- cloud·ber·ry n. (pl. -ries) a dwarf bramble that has white flowers and edible orange fruit and that grows on the mountains and moorlands of northern Eurasia and northern North America. Rubus chamaemorus, family Rosaceae. late 16th cent.: apparently from the noun CLOUD in the obsolete sense ‘hill’ + BERRY.
This is my first time participating in all these memes below.
- 3WW – Each week, three words are posted and you need to write something which includes those three words – this week’s words – retribution, immobile, proximity
- Acrostic Only – using the prompt – MEND FENCES
- ABC Wednesday – the letter is V this week