So the last Friday in July asks us to get gnarly! What does gnarly mean, you ask? While the word can conjure unpleasant things and therefore gets a bad rap, looking at the other side of the coin shows that it can also be exciting and excellent!
Though my post is making its way to you after that last Friday in July for this year, we don’t have to wait for the next ‘get gnarly day’, right? Today is always the best day to get started after all, so just do it..
This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links, that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Thank you for your support. Please see the full disclosure for more information. I only recommend products I definitely would (or have already) use myself
First up, books for you for the letter X..
XOs and X-Rays: eXtra Gnarly in Many Ways!
X-Ray Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Creatures
X-Ray Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Creatures by Susan R Stoltz and illustrated by Cody Hooper-Kaufmann (Children’s Nonfiction | 5 – 10 years, and up | Pygmy Giraffe Publishing | November 15, 2018)
Description: This book has it all! Skeletons and fossils, facts, size chart, glossary of terms, and there’s even a poem about each dinosaur with more facts!
Source: Edeweiss digital review copy
My Quick Thoughts: I love dinosaur books, thanks to my son who was a fan when younger. And this book has that extra coolness to it with the x-ray factor! Plus, poems (how can I resist?)!
XO, OX: A Love Story by Adam Rex with illustrations by Scott Campbell
Description: Adam Rex’s hilarious, sweet, and at times heartbreaking letters between a hopelessly romantic ox and a conceited, beautiful gazelle are paired perfectly with Scott Campbell’s joyful illustrations to bring you a romance for the ages.
Source: My library
My Quick Thoughts:
I am not sure why I have not used this book before for the letter X for I recall reading this a while back. I have enjoyed both Adam Rex’s and Scott Campbell’s books before, and this one by the duo strikes all the right notes in our hearts!!!
5 Tips to Make Your Life a Little eXtra – Gnarly, I Mean!
Making life a little extra gnarly is all about embracing adventure, positivity, and creativity. Here are some tips to add a touch of excitement and awesomeness to your life:
- Unleash Your Inner Ninja: Embrace your passions like a fearless ninja! Whether you’re writing your heart out, hiking up that hill in your neighborhood, or dancing like nobody’s watching, let your passions light up your life.
- Get Wild and Adventurous: Break free from the ordinary like a daring explorer! Dive into the unknown, conquer new challenges, and turn every day into a wild and thrilling adventure. Check out Wild Girl: How to Have Incredible Outdoor Adventures for ideas.
- Squad Up With Your Good Vibes Tribe: Surround yourself with your squad, the one that radiates positive energy and laughter! Together, you’ll create a fun atmosphere wherever you go.
- Make Curiosity Your Superpower: Channel your inner Sherlock (or Enola) Holmes and stay curious! Every day is a mystery waiting to be unraveled, so go out and discover the hidden gems of life.
- Add eXtra Spice With Spontaneity: Own spontaneity! Embrace the unexpected twists and turns that come your way, turning the mundane into magic!
Now go forth and rock that gnarly life with a big grin and a spirit full of joy! 🤩🤙
And Now, the End of This Post
Dear reader, what is your tip to add make life just a little more gnarly? Do share in the comments. As always, let me know your thoughts on the books mentioned, your first pick among them, and your recommendations.