To be honest, my bookish wish list is huge. When I saw this week’s theme over at ThatArtsyReaderGirl (it is her birthday today, so happy birthday, Jana!!), I wondered how I will bring it down to ten. And my wish list on Amazon (and Goodreads want to read) is huge! I created a new books only wish list with books I moved from my current lists as well as my Goodreads and other top ten lists. So here is to bookish wishes being granted everywhere!
So here is the jist of what to do. List the top 10 (or so) books you’d love to own; include a link to the same so people can grant your wish. Make sure you link your list to your mailing address [here’s how to do it on Amazon]; or you could include your e-reader email address so people know how to get the book to you. After you post, jump around the Linky and grant a wish or two if you’d like. Don’t feel obligated!
I’m going to try to go check out a few people’s lists myself and see what I can afford to gift over the next couple of days. If you do grant a wish, do let me know so I can pay it forward (or back!).
My Bookish Wishes
Here is my Amazon Bookish Wishlist . The list of the books is below with titles linking to Goodreads and a short note on why it is on my wish list.
- In Farleigh Field. Based on all the WWII books I have read over the past few years, I must be a WWII fanatic.
- The Grudge Keeper. I read this sweet book ages ago. And I would love a copy for myself
- My Ideal Bookshelf. Simply because!
- Ella Minno Pea I have this book on a couple of previous lists..
- The Novel Cure. Books that will provide cures for your ailments? I am in!
- The Eyre Affair. Again, on couple of lists already. The concept of this book series is super cool 🙂
- The Grapes of Math. Punny title and math – tempting combination for me!
- Poemcrazy. Well, if you have visited my blog often enough, you know I am poem-crazy!
- The Emperor of All Maladies. A book that has been on my TBR far too long; having recently devoured Kalanidhi’s When Breath Becomes Air, I need this now!
- The Storyteller’s Secret. This was a recent addition to my tbr; am sure I’ll love it.
- Oxymoronica Words, words, words! I love them and this title as well as the description drew me in.
- Haggard Hawks and Paltry Poltroons. Well, haven’t I said it already just above?
- The Stuff of Thought I have been meaning to read Pinker for a while and this book is perfect, don’t you think?
- The Art of Thinking Critically. I need to get better at thinking critically, hence this book.
- How to Take Smart Notes. Again, I need to get better at this as well.
- Bibliophile: An Illustrated Miscellany. Well, duh!!
- I’d Rather Be Reading. Of course, I would rather be reading at any time 🙂
- Eyes That Kiss in the Corners. Another book that I have been meaning to read since it came out.
Other Related Bookish Lists
Some of these previous posts include books and bookish things (some of these are on today’s list above)
- 21 Great Gifts For the Poetry Lover In Your Life
- Ten Bookish Gifts Every Book-Lover Will Love (I do!)
- Great Bookish Gifts For Dad on Father’s Day
- 13 Unique Books You Will Want Right Now
- Ten Books for People Who Love Words and Language
And Now, the End of This Post
Dear reader, what is on your bookish wishlist? Any of these books? Or similar ones? What would you recommend based on my bookish wishes here?
25 thoughts on “Bookish Wishes That I Would Love to Come True”
May all of your bookish wishes come true!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-wishes/
Thanks much Lydia!!
Ella Minnow Pea and The Eyre Affair are great fun reads! And I love books about words and etymological too! Great list! I hope your wishes come true!
Thanks Michael! Great to hear you say that and now I am tempted to read them sooner..
You have many wonderful books on your wish list. I’m a huge fan of words, too, and now I have added a couple of books to my own wish list because of yours!
I want to send you a little surprise from your wish list, but I can’t find your email address…Can you post it at the top of your Amazon list? Or send it to me here: debnance at gmail dot com.
Thanks so much Deb!! I am off to send you an email.. And I keep thinking I will (re)join in on the Wondrous Words Wednesday linky but haven’t yet..
Those are interesting titles. Oxymoronica caught my attention, too. I really should convince myself to take up reading books again.
Nice wishlist. I only know a few of the books on your list. I hope you manage to read them all and more importantly enjoy them all.
I wish you to get all your book wishlists.
I have never read some of them, and Oxymoronica caught my attention. Interesting!
I have a huge list on Pinterest. I created a board for books I want to read. There are so many amazing books out there.
That’s a great idea!
Nice list! Naturally, I’m drawn to the bookish titles here. I’d never heard of MY IDEAL BOOKSHELF of A NOVEL CURE, but now I need to get my hands on both of them. Thanks for the heads-up!
Happy TTT (on a Friday)!
What a great list! I am also interested with books that provide cures for ailments. So, yes, this is also wishing for this.
Fingers crossed that all your wishes come true!
I never heard of these picks before! Thanks for sharing
May almighty help you to fulfill all your bookish wishes.
Love these titles!
Oxymoronica sounds like it was written for me! If I had a magic wand I would wave it over your list and all these books would tumble onto your shelves.
I have so many books on my wishlist. There never seems to be enough time in the day.
I hope all your bookish wishes come true!
I’m always looking for titles to add to my must read list. Thank you!
Wide selection of book wish, most of the titles I am not familiar with. Hope you can read them in no time. I’m into personal finance books and parenting books right now.
So many great book titles! My To-Read list has definitely grown now! Lol. Thanks for sharing.
ooh The Novel Cure sounds fascinating!
Oh my gosh, what an absolutely fun idea! I am totally snagging this for my birthday 🙂