So often we run into things that are simply too good to be true, too wonderful for words, and tend to leave you feeling speechless. And when I read books that have that impact, I tend to go one of two routes; either I completely shut up and not review the book at all, or write a whole book about it (well, almost!) In keeping with the theme for today’s top ten over at ThatArtsyReaderGirl, which is — Books Too Good to Review Properly — I am featuring ten books (the ones that first came to mind) that blew my mind!
As I mentioned earlier about such books, some I have reviewed earlier, some I need to read again so I can try to collect thoughts and words about them, others find multiple mentions on my blog and elsewhere, while I am still on the hunt for the right words for the others. This is not to say that the ones reviewed have the right words or enough words, but ….
Anyway, here is my list of
Books That Are Too Good to Review Properly
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Mother by Maxim Gorky
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- To Sir, With Love by E. R. Braithwaite
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanidhi
- Zorgamazoo by Robert Paul Weston
And I have to mention that I left out so many books that I really, really, really would have included if I had not decided to stop at ten. I deliberately left out a few but however, I leave you with other lists which mention many of those books 🙂
- Ten Books That Make You Smile
- Top Ten Books That Gave Me a Book Hangover
- I Don’t Know Why I Never Reviewed These Books
- Top (not quite) Ten Books I Did Not Expect to Read But Ended Up Reading Anyway
- Top Ten Books I am Thankful For (today and always!)
- Books that evoked strong emotions
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time
And Now, the End of This Post
Dear reader, have you read any of the listed books? If yes, I would love to hear your thoughts about them. Which books would I find on a similar list of yours?
8 thoughts on “Books That Are Too Good to Review Properly”
I’ve heard so many good things about The Poet X!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-too-good-to-review-properly/
Oh, I forgot about Little Women. Such a great book.
Absolutely agree on Little Women. Happy reading. My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-too-good-to-review-properly/
The Book Thief is on my list of books to read this year! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/top-ten-tuesday-wow-books.html
You always seem to stir up my book greed with your thoughtful posts
I’ve never read any of those books, but I know what you mean. I have read some that I just want to say ‘read the book it is amazing’ rather than an actually longish review.
The Book Thief is a popular and well-deserved choice this week. It completely slipped my mind. I love Acevedo but I still need to read Poet X. And Little Women is another great choice. I rarely try to review classics because I always feel like everything’s probably been said about them. 😉 Great list!
I agree with you on Little Women. I am not familiar with the other books.