It is both hard and easy to come up with lists like this one today – 13 random facts about me! I started with the number 20, but it was too much. For some reason, the first few that I thought of were either totally inane or overly absurd to be unbelievable. I know, I know, it is supposed to be random and I can post any of those, but I needed to strike a balance – for my own sake (and that of my teens’ sanity). So here they are…
The 13 Random Facts About Me
- I first learned to drive when I was almost 30 years old! Yes, that is completely true!!
- I can read, write, and speak four different languages (not an expert in all four, but four it is)
- Reading multiple books at a time is kind of my thing to do
- I can touch my nose with my tongue (not!!)
- I once saw a movie five times within three weeks of its release (in five different theatres, across three different towns, in two different languages, and each time with different groups of people)
- My favorite color is yellow
- I love to dance. I learned the traditional Indian dance form of Bharatnatyam as a little girl (well, all through high school) along with various other folk forms. As for today, I mostly Zumba!
- While dancing does need some coordination in movement, I tend to be clumsy too. So I am the bumper-into-corners, the toe-stubber, etc. And as a little girl, I would back home from the library during the summer vacations with a book in my hand, reading it. Which meant I was forever walking into something. Thankfully our little town did not have too much vehicular traffic (almost none)
- My favorite meal is dessert! I have a seriously sweet tooth.
- I love exploring the parallels between myths and legends, as well as folk-tales and fairy tales across cultures. It is amazing at how we were connected so strongly years before the internet made us a global community.
- Following on the thought above, I truly enjoy the Indian festival of Golu (or the doll festival). You can see pics of my celebration and more info in previous posts. I was sweetly surprised when I found how close the Japanese celebration of Hinamatsuri is to this one. Celebrating the Golu is truly a labor of love, and I enjoy every moment of it.
- I have a weird fear of walking downhill. While I am able to manage it mostly (since we do love hiking in the hills around our area often), there have been times it strikes me so bad that I completely freeze. The first instance that I can recall was on a visit to a fort in the beautiful town of Satara in India with my best friends from college. We climbed up to the fort and enjoyed our time there; but as we started back, I simply refused to move, and when my friends realized that there was something going on, each one held one of my hands and helped me all the way downhill!
- I was born in Delhi, India; and the nurse who was there when I was born (her name is on my birth certificate) was named Vidya as well!
And if you want to read other random facts about me, then there is…
more stuff about me here
- and the Liebster goes to….
- Big Little Bit of Motivation: The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Blogger Recognition Award
- and in the about me of course
And Now, the End of This Post
Dear reader, did you find yourself in any of these random facts about me? If yes, which one(s)? I would love to hear a random fact or two about you as well. Do let me know in the comments