This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday at ThatArtsyReaderGirl is a fun one – Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover. And I knew I had to do it though I had not participated in a while.
Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover
- I have books everywhere in my house (numerous bookshelves in every room, the ottoman, the garage, underneath the beds, my closet and some floor space!)
- I have (e)book(s) with me always, so I never have nothing to do while waiting.
- Bookstores and libraries are my favorite places in the world. I have to enter bookstores and libraries if I see them on my way (and I either go alone or mute my family’s voices as they ask me,”Are you done?”)
- I am always reading many books at a time!
- The first thing I notice when I enter anyone’s home (or look for) is books. And if they have a bookshelf full of books, then it is bye-bye conversation (at least for a while)! As a kid, I remember my parents asking the host to hide away their books before we visited if they wanted me to socialize!
- My key chain fob has at least five library cards on it. I have cards from all the nearby county libraries! Whenever I know I will be staying anywhere for longer than x days, I find the nearest bookstore/library. My grandpa used to make a note of the nearest lending library each time he moved so I would have a library to go to when we visited them for the summer!
- Every travel plan includes a bookish stop (or more). And I wish we could travel to all those places in books. For example, Jack London Square in Oakland, the NYPL, books flying in SFO, and more.
- Books are my favorite gifts (to give and receive!) My kids’ classes always got books as gifts when I was the room parent. I am sure they would have preferred Jamba Juice gift cards!
- Bookish anything makes me happy – words, quotes, lists, jobs (my dream jobs), art, costumes, conversations, gifts, books themselves, and the list goes on!!
- Don’t ask me for my favorite book. I simply can’t have just one. Sorry.
Aren’t bookish lists are the funnest things to make? While there are more than ten signs I can list, I stopped at ten today (will save the rest for another list:-))
And now the end of this post..
So that was my list of ten. What about you, dear reader? Do let me know in the comments!
And to add to this list, I am participating in the April A to Z Challenge as well as the UBC starting tomorrow. And while I do have ideas of what I will be posting about – books and things bookish (duh!), I do not have a single post ready for this month, so keeping my fingers crossed.
If you want to join in on the fun and interact with wonderful bloggers around the world in the process, it is still not late. You can sign up and get started too.
I hope to see all of you over the next month as I post book reviews and another things bookish.
8 thoughts on “Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover”
I can relate to all, except for number 6 as I don’t use the library. Great post.
I love using my library and having my kindle is handy since I read faster using that than an actual book.
I admire those of you who have several books going. I can only focus on 1 at a time. I would overload the little pea in my brain otherwise 😉
I was one-to-one with you until 6. I carry no cards- but have access to NY, Boston, Alexandria, and 4 university libraries. No cards, though…
I qualify for 6 of the 10! Best wishes & happy reading!
I don’t use the library. I do however always stop in a book shop no matter where I am and I always have my ebooks with me.
I defiantly do #2!
While all of these are true for me, it’s the travel one (7) that really resonates. I always look up bookshops when I visit new cities!