As we go around our busy days, we often find ourselves not at our peak – emotionally, physically, or otherwise. I have found that no matter how I am feeling, there are some things that are seemingly inconsequential, but they perk me right up, energize me instantly, make me smile or just give me this calm, peaceful feeling! So here are just ten of those little anythings I thought of.
- Wrapping a warm blanket around me right from the dryer on a cold day.
- That first moment of quiet after I turn off the exhaust fan, or the vacuum cleaner, or even the laptop.
- That wonderful smell after a rain.
- Removing my shoes after a long day of walking.
- A hot cup of chocolate (or tea) while sitting in front of a fire on a cold day, or that cool glass of lemonade (or just water) on a hot day.
- Finding money that I had kept in a ‘safe’ place and forgotten about.
- Popping bubble wrap (according to my kids, it is soooo satisfying!)
- Sinking my feet into sand, and especially the wet sand at the beach and have them sink further with the next wave 🙂
- Waking up before the alarm and turning it off.
- Finding the perfect parking spot as soon as I reach a busy mall; and better yet when someone is leaving right as I enter an almost full parking lot. That right place, right time feeling can’t get any better than this, right?
And one more, though I said ten:
Watching my kids engaged in a friendly game of basketball or monopoly or just about any other game; and listening to their laughter and conversation as they simply enjoy being siblings 🙂
So, what are the anythings that make your day? Let me know.. and yes, I know I do have more than ten myself and I plan to make a note of those things that me smile each and every day.
You can check out my previous posts for the month and for Ultimate Blog Challenge below. Yes, I know couple of days are missing and today is day 12. This is day 11’s post.
Day 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 5Day 6Day 7Day 9 Day 10