As I write this post, we at home here, and many around the country, are still feeling the impact of the news of the death of a legend – RIP Kobe Bryant. My heart goes out to those who are mourning the loss of their loved ones in this tragic event.
This reminds me just how fragile life really is and how valuable too. So reach out to loved ones, hold on a little tighter and a little longer on that hug, call and say hello, and make every moment count.
It brings to mind Tim Cook’s quote: “Life is fragile. We’re not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you’ve got.” and Kobe Bryant certainly did give life his best shot.
And the national day events this past week definitely highlight life and loved ones as we celebrated Hugging, Celebration of Life, and a Compliment day among others. So make these part of your everyday.
I had promised – more reviews for sure and at least one or two non-review posts (might still be bookish!) and I managed a couple of reviews and couple of non-review posts! So that is good though I am still catching up.
- Blog(ger)s That Make My Day – Blogger love…
- Deal Me In #3: Cathedral by Raymond Carver – my weekly short story read and reviewed
- Picture Book Review: Old Man of the Sea – a beautiful picture book!
- 10 Recent Additions to My Bookshelf – physical books that I actually added to my collection (not ebooks and not library books!)
- 5 Reasons to Reach Out and Hug – every day….
- Deja vu? Golden Shovel Revisited – my weekly poetry attempt..
View this post on Instagram
Day 23… Cityscapes … This is a marvel – inside and out – Oculus WestfieldWTC . . . #ladyinreadwrites #photomission_1175 #photomission #gramoftheday #gotd_2447 #westfieldwtc #mycanonlife #canonpowershot #oculusnyc #canonpowershotsx50hs #photoaday @photomission @gramoftheday #cityscapes #cityscapesnyc #whiteandcolor #hearts #checkered
View this post on Instagram
Day 22 two bookshelves to display: one is in my room & the other in my son’s; I have to admit the one in disarray is mine 😊but that does make me a proud mom. ‘You can’t read all day……… . . . ….. if you don’t start in the morning.’ #nationalbookshelfieday #bookshelfie #rjphotoaday @renajjones #022_reflection #picturethis365 @picturethis365 #readersofinstagram #bookstagram #bookshelf #bookwormproblems #raisingreaders #bookaddicts
On My Blog
Hopefully I finish catching up by the end of this month! I have a couple of reviews in mind and you will see those as well as roundup posts for the month.
National Cowboy Poetry Gathering Week – Jan 27 – Feb 1, 2020 at Elko Nevada – This was started 35 years ago as the Elko Cowboy Poetry Gathering so Western ranchers and cowboys could share poetry about their everyday lives. Today, it thrives and a nation of creators from the ranching communities gather to share their creativity.
National Puzzle Day – Jan 29 – This was created by Jodi Jill, a syndicated newspaper puzzle maker and professional quiz maker, to share her joy with and love of puzzles. So celebrate by solving your favorite type of puzzles. #NationalPuzzleDay.
National Backward Day – Jan 31 – We celebrated Opposite Day this past week, and we have another similar day (of unknown origins). So go ahead, lleps sdrow drawkcab….secnetnes elohw neve ro…or just do whole other things backward!!! #NationalBackwardDay
Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Jan 31 – The origins of this are also unknown, but I do believe that art inspires us every day! But make an extra effort to celebrate consciously – visit a museum, attend a performance, create something yourself
And February is National Library Lover’s Month – so go ahead, make a trip to your library. I know I will (have a ton of books I need to return after all!!)
Wrapping up My Sunday Scribblings
Dear reader, which of these days appeal to you? Or any other that are coming this week that you plan to make note of?
Make it count – every moment, every smile, every hug, every hello, every conversation, every thing – little or big. Make life matter.
I do try my hand at the crossword each day in the newspaper at least for a bit, and art is always inspiring me in so many ways, every day. As for the cowboys, it is sure to be a fun event and I am going to check out some of the featured artists. !!yltnereffid kniht uoysekam sdrawkcab gnitirw dnA..
Here are my previous posts for the month:
- Blog(ger)s That Make My Day
- Deal Me In #3: Cathedral by Raymond Carver
- Picture Book Review: Old Man of the Sea
- 10 Recent Additions to My Bookshelf
- 5 Reasons to Reach Out and Hug
- Deja vu? Golden Shovel Revisited
- Sunday Scribblings #22: A Week That Showed What Time Is
- Picture Book Review: Don’t Let the Beasties Escape this Book
- Another Challenge: Blog Audit Challenge 2020
- A Very Short-Short Story: Last Long Night
- Book Review: Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Sunday Scribblings #21: When Sundays Tumble into Tuesdays
- Mini Reviews: Picture Books
- Life is a Circus
- How Impressions Transcend Time
- My Lit List: 3 Free Reading Websites for Kids
- The Rocking Horse Winner
- Sunday Scribblings #20: In the Year 2020, We Will
- 2020 Reading Challenges – Join the Fun!
- Resolution – a firm decision to do or not to do something
- A Resolution To Keep the Resolutions We Make
- On the First Day of the Decade, My …